«beauty of broken porcelain“
summer workshop and performance
about the creation of solo-performances in a human specific installation
21.july. 2015 – 09. august. 2015 in Berlin
Do you like to have your own solo – performance? have the urge to develop your own scenic language? want to create artistic work non-fictional, drawing on personal experience and autobiographic material? meet the audience one-on-one? Join balzer&stoyanovas workshop!
The workshop gathers artists of all disciplines, backgrounds, ages & phases of career under the topic „beauty of broken porcelain“ exploring Courage Grace Trust &Vulnerability.
- development of personal material into a solo-performance
- integration of the solos into a collective performance
- a public performance in form of a human specific installation
balzer-stoyanova will guide you in group and individual sessions through the process of creation. With the help of exercises drawing from theatre, performance and body work you will shape your performances with the questions what you want to perform, why and how.
An honest commitment and the willingness to face personal challenges is required.
For details check http://www.balzer-stoyanova.org
The duo balzer-stoyanova direct HUMAN SPECIFIC INSTALLATIONS (HSI). HSIs are performances of long duration in open or site-specific spaces. The members of the audience move freely, observe and engage in one-on-one meetings with individual performers. Those encounters develop in a gentle atmosphere of timelessness and with the intriguing awareness of an audience of wandering voyeurs. balzer-stoyanova is part of the network in-touch that creates Human Specific Performing Art. This label is a denominator for new innovative works implementing Human Specific Principles. They offer intimate experiences the spectators and require their active participation. They allow the audience to navigate through an aesthetic and sensuous universe and explore the field of
Duration: 21.july. 2015 – 09. august. 2015
REGISTRATION: Deadline of application mai 31st
Price: 580 Euros
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org; Applications should contain a short letter of motivation, CV and the languages1 you understand; Participants will get a confirmation by june 1st. Deadline for payments: 3 rd june.
Space2: We work in the inspiring, culturally flourishing neighbourhood of BERLIN-KREUZBERG; @ Baerwaldstudios & Vierte Welt (www.viertewelt.de)
- Our work with Human Specific Installations is based on the conviction that artistic practice has the potential of empowerment and healing for both – artists and spectators. We are dealing with sensitive issues. But please be aware that we do not offer therapeutic services and our workshops do not replace therapy.
- Solos developed during the summer-workshop may be performed in other occassions. balzer-stoyanova should then be mentioned as co-directors.
- We try to make the workshop as accessible/barrier-free as possible. Please write to us, if you have questions